Thursday 5 September 2013

Skyway Sigma 2 - How Do You Get This Luggage For A Great Price?

I am a confessed travel junkie. Not only do I love the act of traveling, but I enjoy the planning process and research as well. I inherited the wanderlust gene from my father, who had us meandering all over the West Coast when I was a kid. Consequently, bargain hunting for travel gear has become something of a hobby of mine. I look for great value at good prices, not just cheapo items that will only last a few trips. The Skyway Sigma 2 Collection qualifies as one of those gems for quality and durability.

For my three week trip to Southern France in 2003, I wish I had taken the Skyway suitcase. It would have saved my shoulders and back the trauma of lugging around the backpack I thought I was so smart to have brought. It ended up being a bit of a luggage nightmare. What I would have given for an expandable packing case with in-line skate wheels. When I decided to buy gifts and souvenirs, I was very hesitant to add more "stuff" to my load, because of the extra weight. Not fun, let me tell you...

So how do you get a great price on Skyway Sigma 2 bags?

1. Keep your eyes open for close out sales. In early spring, retailers are often trying to get rid of last year's luggage models to make room for the updated versions. If you don't care about having the latest hip color, this could be the perfect time to find a great deal on suitcases.

2. Search for going out of business sales. Unfortunately, the economic conditions have not been kind to the travel industry and that includes travel gear merchants. You may get a lucky break if you find one of these stores closing up shop.

3. Check out inventory reduction sales. Stores must conduct an inventory count of all items they have in stock every year around the same date. This often falls in January or February. Retailers pay taxes on all stock that remains in their stores on that date so they have a great incentive to get rid of as much old inventory as possible. This explains the good pricing you can find at this time of year.

Remember to take all these factors into consideration when searching for a great Skyway Sigma 2 price. Get the best bang for your buck and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment